I was asked at work to create a presentation called “Secrets of Success.” The goal is to define what success means to me, as well as what has moved/inspired me to succeed.
Here’s what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it, dear Tumblr.
- You can’t know what you’re good at unless you try new things. Being a Jack of All Trades requires having the courage to try something new… a lot.
- It’s hard to find new things you enjoy doing unless you’re willing to leave your comfort zone. The most exciting lives are those lived uncomfortably.
- Success requires you to conquer your fears.
- Part of conquering your fears, and finding happiness deals with being 100% ok with who you are.
- There is no luck. There is only passion and purpose. When combined, things just seem to fall into place.
- People with passion and purpose are creators. They create relationships, ideas, and movements. They live their love. Their life is their art. Everyone else just has an opinion. Who will you choose to be?
- Creating with purpose is fun. Unfortunately, we often confuse success, or purpose with fake work… or meetings.
- If what you’re doing now doesn’t make you happy, change something.
- Being willing to stand up for what you believe in is what separates the good from the great.
- LOVE > MONEY. It’s simple math. And each one requires relatively the same amount of work. Which do you choose?
- Your head and your heart are different, but equally important. Trust them both, but also make sure they keep each other in check.
- You can change the world… but only if you’re ambitious enough to try.
- You are important.
- Choose your path. Go! Do!